Saturday, May 15, 2010

Playing Tourist at Home

I have this special person in my life since a little while and it was about time he had to see the place where I grew up, so we took a weekend to stroll through Berlin. We started with some tourist sights - I can't even remember the last time I played tourist here. That is because I'm in Leipzig a lot, but even when I'm at home - who walks around watching tourist sights in your own city? Noone really takes the time for that.





My city changed a lot recently....
It's quite a shame but I never visited the Holocaust Memorial since it opened 5 years ago. It is an interesting place but it doesn't really work as a memorial for me. The ones at the Jewish Museum are much more effective here.









By the way, it's nice having a boyfriend who likes photography as well - for the first time in ages I am in a lot of pictures, too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment